Sunday, September 2, 2012

Spaghetti Towers


  1. This is our tower.
  2. We bought 23 sticks but we only used approximately 8 of them, along with that we bought 9 marshmallows and only used approximately 7.5 of them.
  3. Tower height: 82 centimeters 
  4. I dislike that our tower was only 2 centimeters above the required height, but I like that the design is strong and sturdy.
  5. The biggest challenge we faced was trying to tape the sticks together. We overcame that buy trading in the tape we had purchased for marshmallows which proved to be a stronger bond. 
  6. If I could redesign my tower I would have maybe focused more on overreaching the height requirement and maybe compromised some structural support.


  1. During this activity I personally felt optimistic because my partners were trying their best as was I. Resulting in a productive work environment. Yes, I wanted to give up when the marshmallows started to deteriorate. 
  2. Our design was very similar to the others in the room. Most towers had either square or triangular bases, we found those were the strongest. The other towers were about the same height too.
  3. If I could add another material it would be string, because it could secure the joints more effectively than tape or marshmallows.
  4. My contribution to the group was financial report (accountant).




No comments:

Post a Comment